The library and reading room of the college shall remain open for the use of students from 10 AM to 2 PM.
Rules common to all borrowers :
- No books shall be taken out of the library without the knowledge of the Librarian and until it has been properly entered in the issue register and the entry acknowledged by the borrowers.
- Each borrower must examine the condition of the books before they are issued.
- All library books issued to the borrowers shall be returned to the library before the college closes for summer vacation.
- Anybody in possession of a library book shall return it to the library whenever requisitioned.
- No marginal notes, undertaking or notes shall be made on the library books. No pictures or pages should be removed, torn or otherwise disfigured. In every such case the borrower shall be asked to replace the book damaged by him/her with fine.
- Although ordinarily there will be no restriction on the use of books in the library, the principal has the right to stop the issue of certain books to all or some intending borrowers.
- A borrower against whom any overdue or other charge is outstanding may not be allowed to borrow books from the library.
- If any borrower keeps library books in his possession for more than the time allowed for the purpose, no more books will be issued to him/her until the book concerned is returned to the library. In extreme case privilege of using the library may be denied to such persons.
- All those who enter the library / Reading Room are expected to maintain silence while they are inside.
- Spitting, smoking, sleeping or gossiping inside the library or resting ones legs on library furniture is strictly forbidden.
- Reference Books (Granthabali, Dictionaries, Encyclopedia, Courses of study and other rare books) shall not be issued outside the library.
- Members of the teaching staff/students are allowed to take books relating to their subjects only, after signing the issue register.
- The time allowed to borrowers is 15 days in the case of students and one month in the case of members of staff.
- Any book lost, damaged or defaced by a borrower will be replaced by him/her.
- If the price of a lost book cannot be ascertained he/she should pay double the amount of the old price of the book or an amount fixed by the principal.
- The following is a list showing the maximum number of books that may be issued to the various classes of borrowers.
- Members of teaching staff – 10 books.
- Demonstrator & librarian – 05 books.
- PET, ministerial staff and class IV employees – 03 books.
- Honours students – 02 books.
- Degree student – 02 books.
- +2 students – 01 book
- Two copies of the same book shall not be issued to one person.
- No one should enter the library Hall with personal books or other belongings without the permission of the librarian.
- The last period of every working day is set apart for office work and book accounting of the library and during that period no book (s) is/are issued or returned.
- If necessary a teaching staff may be allowed to take book(s) other than his own subject only for a limited period of 15 days.
- The day to day work of the library is managed by the librarian and his/her staff under the supervision of the professor-in-charge. For any problem the students are advised to meet the librarian or the Prof.-in-charge. However, the principal is the final authority in all matters relating to all sections of the library.
Special Rules for students
- Identity-cum-library card testifies to the holders status as a bonafide student of I.G. womens College and thereby an eligible user of the College library.
- The ID cumlibrary card is not transferable. Students can retain the books for 15 days only.
- A fine of Rs.0.50 paise per every additional day will be charged on each book borrowed by the defaulting borrower after the due date of return.
- When the date of return falls on an authorised holiday it can be returned to the library on the next working day without levy of fine.
- The identity-cum-library card is valid for one session only and has to be subsequently returned in the beginning of the next session.
In case of the loss of the card a duplicate may be issued on production of the receipt after payment of the prescribed fees at the college counter with one passport size photograph.
The card must be kept in person always and has to be produced at the time of taking library books, stipend, scholarship, examination, admit card or for voting in the college elections etc. for verification.
The ID cum library card must be surrendered at the time of taking clearance for TC.
This card can only be used by the student to whom it is issued and should in variably be carried while on journey.